Saturday, February 13, 2010

prayer to You

Sometimes there is only You. No one else to talk to.

I wonder...do You design times like this in our lives so that we-the ignorant, the unwise, and the incapable-will be left no other option, but to turn to You. Or are these times to be blamed on a lurking enemy seeking to destroy Yours. Or perhaps is it just our fault. We refuse to seek Your guidance in all things, go it alone and end up causing strife and confusion for everyone around us.

Whatever the case, it is frustrating. You once baffled men by causing them to not understand one another's language. I'm involved in the chaos of the Tower of Babel myself lately. I speak and no one knows what I'm saying. They speak and their words do not penetrate my heart. I'm standing in the rubble, alone, wondering what do I do now?

I only know the answer is--do not speak anymore, to anyone! My answer is full of errors as it encourages me to stay away, but I am Your rebellious child right now so I withdraw. I see the error of my ways, but I do not see errors in my thoughts lately, as others seem to, even those most intimate who spoke similar things when alone with me, but when confronted with speaking them before others refused to speak.

Anger has found a home in me and only You are left for me to hope in for a cure.

There is a hope. Just as You once confused languages, You also once allowed clarity to come in the midst of strange languages. When Your Holy Spirit arrived to mankind, languages were spoken by men who did not speak them by learning, but by miracle. And those around who spoke such languages from birth were amazed as they heard words about You spoken by the simple. You made the language make sense to those who needed to hear it. You are the only one who can do that.

I have tried to speak when you have given me words before, but for now I am quietly Yours, no more words.

1 comment:

  1. Be still and know that He is God!

    My Momma taught me when I am confused ~do nothing~stand still until God tells you what to do!

    I said a prayer for you!
    Blessings~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete