Thursday, April 22, 2010

living dangerously


To Preach because I didn't buy you a card!


We live in a world full of opportunities to risk and show how daring we are usually by doing the extreme. People climb mountains, jump from airplanes, race cars, or travel to far away places and others see that as bold living, the extreme, living dangerously. But looking back on these years of living with you, living dangerously has been redefined for me. Who in their right mind would sign a contract binding them to another for life when that process of uniting as one means growth on the inward parts is a must and growth is not comfortable? Suddenly the choices one would make are dependent on the well-being of the other. Who we are as individuals changes as the who we are as a couple becomes more important and the who we are in Him, the focus. We made the most daring of choices when adding lives to this mix of you and me, five lives He sent to us. How could we know the range our emotions could travel until little parts of us were delivered into a life that promises challenges along with heartaches? There is a certain blessing that comes from being naive, a blessing in just doing and not knowing all that can come, knowing could produce fear, and fear causes hesitation to do anything. As they get older and as I get older and my heart is now more invested in you and them, I know more about what it means to live dangerously. I have never felt adventurous until now when I look back at the years and see all we have experienced. I would not have thought myself capable to bear so much and I would have doubted you being able to bear me so much. But look at what He has done...life could not be more adventurous.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Preach appreciated this post more than any card! Hope you two had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being married, living together as one and raising little ones to be grown up ones would definitely be a great definition of "living dangerously!". Sweet entry angel!

    ReplyDelete