Saturday, January 1, 2011

Aha...it's still here!

Amazing how something like a blog can be left unattended for months and when you return, it's waiting right where you left it.

Started New Years with no resolutions. I've decided resolutions make little sense due to the fact that I don't know what the year may hold so why begin it with my own plans. The slightest thing may come along to beset my goals. My best bet is to start the year asking something very simple from Him. My request? For Him to help me face whatever He plans for me this year with unwavering faith. That will be an improvement from last year!

I did actually attempt to begin the year well, spending the entire day with every financial document from the last year sprawled on the living room floor with me. Trying to organize things I (we, actually, can't leave Sweetman out where he, too, deserves credit!) let become somewhat chaotic last year. So hopefully we will be slightly on the organized side as we begin this year.

I consider the day a great success, not because I accomplished all I would have hoped, but because just a matter of minutes ago the precious two and a half year old, who's helping to grow our character daily by her own struggles in learning how to live within our boundaries, told me "Good job, Mom." I have no idea what she thinks I did a good job at, but that matters little. They were sweet words and I could not have appreciated an applaud more from any other person.

Psalm 65:11--"Thou crownest the year with thy goodness..."

1 comment: