Wednesday, January 12, 2011

spontaneous smiles

Sometimes they just happen, these smiles prompted by His blessings all around me.

Sitting in church, I see oldest daughter ahead of me and remember the night before staying up late, listening to her thoughts pouring from her, thoughts that are pleasing to Him and me.

Sometimes I must appear odd when a smile just breaks out on my face for apparently no reason. But there is always a reason. He gives me plenty.

Last weekend, Sweetman and I went on a brief exploration of historical St. Marys, GA. We were fortunate to find a sweet January deal on a Bed and Breakfast, two nights for one (Emma's Bed and Breakfast--recommend it to anyone!). Had some spontaneous smiles there too. We decided to hike Cumberland Island while the temps were in the forties! So covered in our layers we set off on the ferry, then stepped onto the island and explored the old Dungeness ruins, all the while surrounded by wild horses. Lots of smiles on this trip.

Smiles continue sometimes when I'm alone. Anyone peering into my vehicle while I'm driving must think me nuts. But He gives me moments with others He has put in my path, moments that I cherish and think about when I'm by myself. Like someone I dearly love sending a "just thinking about you" email or someone who answers the phone when I call and the tone of their voice clearly states that they're glad it's me. Lately, a conversation with one I love dearly, a conversation that prompted plans for coffee. So Debbie, if you read this, I'm still planning on Friday!

And one more spontaneous smile for this morning as two year old asks older sister "Will you put your cat up so she won't eat my mom?" This as Sota, the house cat, nibbles at my feet.

I'm enjoying the spontaneous smiles prompted by His goodness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment