Monday, May 3, 2010

a heart being primed


Life has taken some strange turns lately. I have not been so vigilant about guarding my heart, taking thoughts captive, thinking on good and true things which, of course, means the mom in this family has been wavering, not so steady and the family feels the repercussions.

The surprising thing is His faithfulness throughout. I guess I'm not so much surprised as amazed. I know His word says He is faithful, but when experiencing it in the midst of my own wavering, it has left me most grateful and amazed and provided me with an awareness of how truly undeserving I am.

His faithfulness is most seen as I have watched little arrows in my midst being wooed by Him. The older two responding to Him in very personal ways, having quiet time on their own, minds becoming curious about lives of those who gave all for Christ, in short-growing in their faith. The middle one seeing more in life and connecting how this ultimately relates to Christ, i.e. finding a message relating to Christ in a movie or a book. But it is number four arrow I've been watching and waiting for.

We never plan a time when we will introduce them to the Savior. We hope they are being introduced everyday as they watch us walk with Him. As a young parent, at first I followed others and thought I needed to urge the little ones to "receive" Him, but as I talked more with Him, He showed me how He does the calling. So I've been waiting on arrow number four to have his heart tugged.
It has been happening lately! That youngest of the boys comes to me sometimes and whispers in my ear. One day it was during altar call at church--he had a prayer request and needed to go to the altar to pray for someone. That was the first time he showed any signs of wanting to know and talk to this Christ we talk about. Over the last few weeks his whisperings in my ear-always just for me and him, a "secret"-they have been about truths he has discovered after hearing words from the Good Book, a little deductive reasoning from the mind of a seven year old. I would tell you what he's been whispering since these things are known by those who follow Christ and not truly personal secrets, but I cannot share them because they are his "secrets", special truths understood by him, special things newly revealed that he's never thought about before. But he has been thinking about them lately because he is being pursued by the One who loves him more than I can.

I expect a new birth any time now.

His faithfulness does not end.

1 comment:

  1. NEW BIRTH!! It is what we wait for...long for....and pray for in our children, grandchildren, family and friends.
    For your precious little arrow....I am anxiously awaiting the day we hear of the GOOD NEWS...a NEW BIRTH good news!!
    Thanks Angel, for sharing your life and heart with all of us. You always reach into my heart and touch it deeply by what you share. I love you.

    ReplyDelete