Thursday, June 25, 2009

I cry to the One who loves me so


In times of darkness, I know You are there...but sometimes I cannot feel You

My flesh pulls me this way and that, sorrow takes root, I isolate myself, I long for comfort from You

I have no where else to turn, there are no hands offering me what You offer

So I wait

Waiting is uncomfortable, like being past due with a child, unable to move, sleep, be at peace

No, I do not wait

I cry, I want Your comfort now

I begin to see--

my arched back as You attempt to clothe me

my lips sealed tightly refusing the nourishment You provide me

my hands by my side not taking Yours, determined to do it my way

me running from You because I do not want to be changed...

I see me screaming because I want You now-just do things my way

I see Lily in me

She is only one...

Then I see You

You tolerating my arched back and my sealed lips

Patiently offering Your Hand

Arms waiting for me

Allowing me time to remember that You mean me no harm

But as a good parent does not offer the solution to a child piecing together a puzzle, but lets the child figure it out for growth of mind

You allow me to struggle so I learn to trust You.....that's growth in my heart

So I come back...and wait

and I hope You see my Lily smile I give You
and my Lily dance, as I sway back and forth, carefree in Your presence
and I'm thankful You give ear to my Lily babblings because just as hers bring me such joy,
I want to bring You joy

1 comment:

  1. Why must we try so hard to do it our own way? I shall never understand why we seem never to learn the concept that, as you said, "He means us no harm."
    I, too, Angel, simply want to bring Him joy.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete