Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Google from Him

There's a reason for the title of this blog -blessings by the google. My life is full of blessings that can't be numbered. Well, okay, a google is an actual number, but I'm certainly not standing around waiting while anyone tries to count to it. Obviously, it's unheard of for someone to try. It's one of those numbers which denotes an end that can't be seen. That's how it is with my blessings. I have a very rich life, but the strange thing is that all the events that have led to such abundance were actually quite unintentional on my part. The man I married-didn't have the maturity to pick so well-gift from God. Five kids-didn't actually plan for them all to be here-marvelous blessings, each one. I did have plans. Spectacular plans, so I thought, but I'm so thankful they didn't come to be. My plans would have found me alone in a self consumed life. As a teenager, I saw my desperate need for Jesus and turned a life over to him that seemed to be pointless. He took it and ever since has been shaping it into something spectacular for Him. Now, it has been a struggle because I am a very flawed person, but His strength is greater than my weakness, His hope is more appealing than my despair, and His plan is more magnificent than my greatest dreams. I have been given the Jeremiah 29:11 promise. Actually, I'm living that promise already. He promised me a future and a hope and He is delivering. I see that my biggest obstacle in that future and hope is me. As long as I cling to Him and stay yoked with Him, He keeps doing incredible things in this life of mine. Frankly, He's making me look like I really know what I'm doing which is hilarious because I'm always relying totally on Him to carry me. And He does...

No comments:

Post a Comment