Friday, September 25, 2009

faithfulness in the drought

You are faithful in ways I will never fully understand

Even when I experience a drought, finding myself weak

Ashamed of who I am because I cannot seem to accomplish anything

Speaking words, loose words, empty words that have no real depth,

Because I feel no real depth

Wishing I could avoid people so my lacking would not be seen

Not from embarrassment, for everyone goes through dry times,

but wishing to avoid people because I have nothing to offer them

How can I say such a thing

I do have You that I can offer always,

but I have not filled up with You so it is not You that comes out

It is mindlessness that pours out,

the jumbled stutterings of one who is tired

and has taken equal care of the body

as she has the spirit lately

Yet no matter my condition You stay the same

You remain faithful

Placing people around me in the strangest of places,

people who speak words that I know are prompted by You,

even though they themselves would not recognize it

they would think their words were chosen by them

but I recognize the message in their words

A consistent message shared by the voice on the radio,

the Wal Mart associate,

the book I "just happened" to browse through,

the child speaking innocent words not even well thought out,

all from different sources, one doesn't even know the other,

but they all speak the same message

The one You want me to hear

because You are faithful even when I'm not

Even as I struggle, You remain constant

Never changing, always offering Your words that I need

Sending them through messengers unaware

You are faithful in ways I will never fully understand

II Timothy 2:13--"If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself."

No comments:

Post a Comment