Wednesday, October 14, 2009

hormones were His creation also

I tend to be argumentative. When hearing an opinion that seems so readily accepted by the masses, I withdraw into a little black hole in my mind and quietly think over what is being spoken. Sometimes after forming my own opinion, I find myself in opposition to what is being touted as truth. For example, I happen to believe self esteem is not biblical and will never mention the words to my children. I see no problem with them realizing they are small as long as they realize that the LORD will use them to do mighty things as they follow His ways. If I taught them they were incredible just the way they are, they may never see their need for a Savior. I have wrapped up in a very small nutshell what could be written about in pages of arguments simply for the purpose of example but something else is actually plaguing my mind today.

The topic? Hormones, you know, the raging kind. Our world is full of solutions as to how to cause them to calm down, and maybe some solutions are needed, but sometimes those little rough places in the road can help us remember that we're on a journey following Someone who can be called on at any time. Someone who teaches us if we're willing to endure some tough lessons and handle situations with prayer. Crazy idea, maybe, to stop throughout the day and pray whenever the feelings get so intense we may burst? How can it be crazy, maybe instead it's a blessing that those feelings are allowed as a call to prayer. If we're always so quick to extinguish the difficult times in life, will we remember to call on Him for help in the living? Some of my most desperate prayers were prayed in the anguish of feelings gone awry. A deep fellowship with Him develops when we are constantly grabbing hold of Him in need just to make it through a day. Because at the end of the day, when we have held so tightly to Him in prayer, a days walk is behind us, the regrets are few, and to boot, we have gotten closer to the One who loves us most. We have grown closer through the suffering. There are other solutions, of course, but they don't offer the rewards of closeness with Him.

Psalm 46:1--"GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

3 comments:

  1. So very true Mrs. Angel :o) Thank you for your WONDERFUL insight:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There simply is NO substitute, no matter what they may be, for a GOD who loves us so and just desires our time, our love and our fellowship. I love how you have spoken truth in such a powerful way. I love you Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too find myself looking at the opposite side of things, especially if it is on the news! It is amazing how they can put some idea on there or just plain talking about something and everyone believes it! Just last I saw a woman who works at Wal-Mart and she was talking on her cell phone when I was on her isle.It was a personal call and she was stopping her work to take it. I told someone that they don't need cell phones on the job. If I were paying someone to work for me, I wouldn't want them to be making personal calls and not working. If there is an emergency, they know how to get ahold of them. But this person I was talking to thought it was wrong to not allow people to have cell phones on the job. Isn't that amazing? Just a few years ago we didn't even have cell phones and now all of a sudden it's wrong to not be allowed to have them every where! So many of the things we think are needs are just wants!

    ReplyDelete