Thursday, December 24, 2009

i hear hope

Sounds of the season infiltrate this little spot on earth.

Little wildflower Lily who proclaims, each time I say "look at the angel",..."Mama". This has been a special sound to hear this season, her confusing my name with every angelic being on display. My name is actually Angela, but for some reason, when still a baby, my father called me Angel and it stuck. Now these years later, Lily sees angels and thinks Mama.

Teenage Em calling to her little brothers to come lick the bowls. She's been sequestered in the kitchen for major help in preparing goodies for many we love. Strange place for this girl, as I've not spent the time I should have teaching her the way around a kitchen. Still, when left with no choice but to bake, she has enjoyed it and shared the yum with the little guys.

Luke, the middle, reading to his Papa the 23rd Psalm just yesterday. This little man whose heart is so drawn to the One who created Him reaching out to a big man whose heart, Luke hopes, to see drawn to the Same. A soft tender heart consistently praying prayers for a man he loves.

The teenage guy sitting across from me yesterday munching Chinese carrying the conversation. And today finally asking questions about a genealogy that has consumed many of my hours lately. Finally, he speaks and I listen.

Ethan repeatedly "when can I do something for Jake for Christmas?" He loves the one who towers over him. He wants to glue himself to Jake and stay there. He knows good people when he sees them.

You delivered Hope that day. I experience Your hope when I hear their sounds of the season. Hearts leaning toward You that is what I hope for them.

2 comments:

  1. Merry CHRISTmas Angel you bless me everytime I read your WONDERFUL words. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family warm my heart Angel :)

    ReplyDelete