Wednesday, August 19, 2009

hope I have a good name

Psalm 139:16, 17--"Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect: and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!"

Before Gideon ever was one, You called him a "mighty man of valor". Before Abraham was even a father, You called him the "father of many nations". Before David was even old enough to be considered worthy of being counted by his own father, You anointed him as king. And of course, Peter was no rock when You said he would be.

You are not bound by time so You knew what they would eventually be, You called them by the name they would be remembered by when they finished this life.

I hope the name You have for me pleases You. Sometimes I quit looking at You and look at my own frailties and the ways I may fail. In those times, I wish I could hear You call me something that would give me a clue that maybe I won't fail You. But if I had any hint about the future, I would probably not be as determined to hold on to You in my neediness.

So I continue with my own idea of the fitting name for me: "the feeble body part". Day after day, fighting a battle that is often waged in my mind where the enemy has lost ground, but fights to regain his position. Your strength, however, has been most obvious for I know how weak I am, but the enemy has not been able to retake that ground. Actually he continues to lose more and more. Your strength sustains and shields me. I'm Yours. Let that suffice to be my name. Just that I'm Yours. That will do. Yours.

I Corinthians 12:22--"Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary"

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful devotion!
    Thank you!
    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs Angel they make me feel worthy! Mandy Rhoden

    ReplyDelete