Friday, August 28, 2009

internet suddenly looks so small

John 4:14--"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

"A spring as clear as well water bubbled up from nowhere in the sand...and began to run rapidly down-hill to make a creek. The creek joined Lake George, Lake George was part of the St. John's River, the great river flowed northward and into the sea. It excited Jody to watch the beginning of the ocean...The bubbling spring would rise forever from the earth..."--Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, The Yearling

(We visited some springs a few months ago and saw the sand boils, where water just bubbles up from under ground and starts. The start of an ocean right there in a tiny little cove. It is a mystery to watch and be amazed at what that water turns in to.)

You are the God of all things everlasting. Why would I choose what is temporal? My flesh would pull me in that direction, trying to convince me that there is something that would satisfy, but Your Spirit tugs and reminds me of truth. Truth that You are the God of all things everlasting.

I have been to the springs and seen the beginnings of the ocean. I have been amazed seeing the sand boils, the water just coming forth from the earth and turning into an ocean that man has barely been able to study much, even to this day when man's technology is vast. You give us so many pictures of Your greatness through Your creation.

And I look at the pages of Your Word, like a child in amazement, fascinated that I cannot find an end to its wonder.

I could sooner search the internet itself and completely cover everything offered by man before I could finish feeding off Your Word because Your Word is eternal and anything offered by man is not. There is always something new in those same sixty-six books people have studied for centuries. It stays a mystery with everlasting new discoveries to guide each one in Your way if we will listen.

You renew me with Your fresh spring, life-giving, waters when I listen to Your Words.

"...from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."--Ps. 90:2

"...for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:"--Isa. 26:4

"...but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD..."--Isa. 54:8

"...whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."--John 3:16

"...Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love..."--Jer. 31:3

"...hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope..."--II Thes. 2:16


Deuteronomy 33:27--"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..."

3 comments:

  1. Your posts are so inspirational. Thank you! And thanks for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good Angel, so good! Isn't He just an incredible powerful God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post..so inspiring. When we look at nature we are reminded how vast He really is...He stood on the circle of the earth with man believed the world was flat....and the tides were set by him that man only now begins to understand. How Great is Our God....Truly....

    ReplyDelete