Tuesday, July 14, 2009

busy-ness

All the squares in my calendar are filled this week
Plans to remember to attend to each day
And while I'm thankful for the outlets You've blessed me with
I am concerned that I may miss the very thing I'm here for
Should I cross out every calendar entry and instead write
"Bring Him glory, Bring Him glory, Bring Him glory"???
Actually I need not cross anything out,
but I do need to remember my purpose
So in the midst of it all
My goal, unwritten on my calendar,
but present in my mind today,
all that I take part in, make it for YOU!
Do not be a tingling cymbal, works without love,
Do not complain when the inconvenient comes,
Step outside myself and my quiet little world
and reach into another's just to show them YOU!
Changing my plans will not bring You glory,
let me live them with continual thanksgiving to You,
and allow that You may change my plans at any moment
so prepare me for what You may send
Staying aware throughout this given day
that each moment is an opportunity for praise
Even amidst the busy-ness I have time to praise You
with actions, attitudes, words...

Colossians 3:17,23--"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God.......And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;"



2 comments:

  1. Oh Lord...simply use us, whether our calendars are filled and we are out in our community or whether we are at home. Use us for your glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we can give God the glory, while being busy, we are walking like Christ. He was a very busy person, greatly desired in every place he went. We are suppose to be servants and servants are always busy!!

    ReplyDelete