Wednesday, July 22, 2009

how can I doubt

how can I doubt You?
there is no greater waste of my time than to question You
thank You that You place young ones around me to remind me what is most important
a seventeen year old who points me to You
using an unusual method, music that fills his ears daily
music with a message--praise to You, worship with an odd beat
"Mom listen to this song, did you hear the chorus?"
Thank You for the words from one who is learning to follow You and not doubt
words that praise a risen, almighty One
words that show me who the dear ones need to rely on
words that focus on You and no one else

"Angels surrounding His throne and
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
The whole earth is full of His glory
All nations bow to His name
His majesty fills the Heavens
Our hearts give thunderous praise
Declare the Lord is forever
Make a joyful noise in this place"
Joyful Noise by Flame


They innocently point me back to You
sometimes not realizing how they are exhorting their own mom, they are being the church to me in many ways
They give back to me what I've tried to give to them over the years oftentimes I've had doubts of any effectiveness on my part, but now they minister to me, pouring out some of what has been poured into them and I get blessed.
I appreciate Your boomerang effect, You knew I would need it. You prepared me to pass it to them so they would be ready to pass it back to me when a time came that they would be the only ones who could reach me at this depth
I trust whatever Your plan may be, after what You have done, how can I doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment