Tuesday, July 28, 2009

worship in the quiet

Ezekiel 8:7--"And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall."

I want to worship in spirit and in truth, I want that kind of closeness with You
I sense the nudging inside, the words from You, "they that worship...must worship him in spirit and in truth", You remind me that some of what I call worship really is not because I have held back
I give praise to You with pen and paper sometimes, with keyboard and fingers at others, but I feel You nudging me, reminding me
You want my quiet times too
My times when my head hits my pillow and thoughts come
Where do I let them lead me, what do I allow my mind to dwell on, is my worship evident when it's just You there knowing what I allow my mind to chew on
I can sense the nudging-"Hey, I want your quiet times too, when no one sees but Me, I want your thoughts not only on paper, but the innermost thoughts that no one else knows, give them to Me"
This reminds me of Ezekiel and the hole in the wall, His people were committing abominations, but looking even closer through the hole in the wall there were even greater abominations, things thought hidden
I want a closer walk, I want You to see to the innermost parts and be pleased
I can hide nothing from You, my weak times-when I'm alone with thoughts-I want those times to be full of worship too
That is when true faith is evident when it is lived just between You and me
If I can live it then, then I'll be worshiping in spirit and in truth

Ezekiel 8:12--"...hast thou seen what the ancients...do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The LORD seeth us not;"

2 comments:

  1. How deceived are those who think the Lord does not seem what they do or think in private. Like you, my prayer is to let every thought be made captive..although it is a struggle at times...but that everything evolve around the source of my existence. A great post, which causes much reflection. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. To worship in Spirit and in Truth. WOW...there's such power there when we do it! God, give us a hunger to worship you in private, in public and in every area of our lives!

    ReplyDelete