Friday, July 3, 2009

River of His Delights

Psalm 36:8-"...Thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures"

Sometimes I pray without uttering words, just grunts of the soul. Utterances that can't be spoken, only the LORD can understand what is in my heart at those times because I'm not even sure how to express my needs. And then He answers, He answers the unspoken prayer.

Recently, He has answered one of those unspoken prayers. After a year or so of happy chaos in our house, I have told my husband that I feel slightly lost. In the midst of the feeding, clothing, cleaning up after, and schooling the precious ones we've been given, I have felt lost. I wish that was not true. I read and talk to so many women who seem to not struggle with their blessed lives of being mom, wife, and all that that entails. But I do struggle. I reached the point of seeking advice recently from a dear friend, Amy, who has nearly double the number of children I have. This is where the LORD started His wonderful way of doing things. Amy gave me great encouragement and told me to find something I would enjoy being involved in outside of the household responsibilities. Sounded good, but I had no clue what to do. I live in a somewhat remote place, where would I go to get involved in something? My hobbies at this point consist of reading and writing. What does someone with limited interests like that get involved in exactly?! This is when I started uttering to the LORD!

Around this same time, I had discovered reading books online and mentioned that on FaceBook. Another friend, Sue, of Who I Am Instead, told me about reviewing books. All I needed, she said, was a blog. So began my adventure with blogging! Since then, not only have I found an outlet for my reading, but also for my writing, and also I have discovered some incredible women who are like Titus 2 women that I have already begun learning a lot from, just by reading their blogs. I haven't even had to travel any distance from home either. I have needed this! But this is how the LORD loves me so well. He has plunged me right into His river of pleasures. And I am drinking up!

Sweet thanks to Amy and Sue, and also Barb and Deb for helping me see how encouraging blogging can be when we lift Him up and share it with each other.

Matthew 7:11-"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean about feeling lost. After so many years of cooking, cleaning and answering questions and grading papers....you wonder where you have gone. I seemed to have lost myself somewhere along the line and even though I LOVE my children, and I LOVE being home and everything I do, there was an emptiness. I too live out and there was nothing for me to do, but then a lady told me about hoop quilting. I had a quilting frame but it took up so much room and I was always stressed when doing it, because I needed to hurry up and get it out of the way. Now I can put one in a hoop and put it in the closet when I'm not working on it. No hurry. I can just enjoy it. I posted my recent quilt on my blog. It is the first one I've done in several years and I REALLY enjoyed it!! I am already looking forward to my next one. We all need to do something that we enjoy outside of taking care of our family. Even Jesus had to get away and alone to get hisself refilled. If we are empty we have nothing to give, but doing something for ourselves helps us to serve others even better. I'm glad that you too found something for you.

    ReplyDelete