Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Remembering

About six months ago, we cleared an acre of planted pines. Our house happened to be right in the middle of this acre. Trees had been as close as twenty feet to our home, so close you had to walk outside and look up to see the sky. It was very much like the saying "can't see the forest for the trees," we never could see the woods, because we were in the midst of them. All we saw were trees. Amazing how, when in the midst of something, vision is impaired. Mine has been lately. All I've seen are the trees--the many bits and pieces of my life and how imperfectly I juggle them, surely I must be failing people left and right. But the One who loves me so well intervenes, sets me up at a new vantage point so I can see the big picture again. He makes me remember what He has done in this simple little girl's life--the husband, who is a gift; the children, five little arrows to point in His direction; the ministry opportunities, that have blessed me more than others. The blessings do not stop, my cup is running over. As I place myself back in that young girl's mind, all those years ago, I think, if someone had told me back then all that He would do for me and what this life would look like today--what would I have said? I know...I would have smiled and thought "He's going to do all that for me?"
So now, vision restored, as well as soul, I see the forest and it is good. He will get me through all my little struggles that obstruct my vision the same way He's gotten me through the last twenty years...His way, with me clinging to Him.

Deuteronomy 8:2
"And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee..."

4 comments:

  1. WhatHe has done for us throughout the years is immeasureable and so vast that our eyes cannot behold it all! Hallelujah for the work He has done in and through us! My prayer is that each day we all are seeing the forest a little clearer now that some of the "trees" of our life have been cleared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! The Lord is so good and I enjoyed reading your accounts of God's blessings!
    Gina at Home Joys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean. I came from a very bad home and when I see how they all turned out, I see God's grace even more!! I too have been blessed with 5 arrows. One time I decided to see what a quiver full of arrows was, and read that a quiver used to hold 5 arrows, but now they are making them to only hold 3, as that is all anyone felt they needed. I thought about how so many people don't see the need of children either. They only view them as an expense but they are needed very much in this world for God's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's mercy is new every morning..what a reason to be thankful. He can see our beginning and our end even though our sight is confined to our immediate present. What a wonderful testimony of His love. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete